2022 Honda HR-V launched in Malaysia – 1.5L NA, 1.5L Turbo, RS e:HEV hybrid, Sensing std, from RM114,800
The brand new Honda HR-V has been formally launched in Malaysia. We’ve gone by the entire anticipation course of with you – the preview test drive in Thailand, the local customer previews, the customary spyshots – and now it’s lastly last. Be a part of us as we share full particulars of the brand new HR-V to enrich what we already know previous to this.
To kick issues off, a abstract for many who are in a rush. There are 4 variants of the 2022 HR-V, and three powertrains. The bottom S is powered by a 1.5L naturally-aspirated engine and is priced at RM114,800. The vast majority of gross sales is predicted to go to the Turbo E (RM129,800) and Turbo V (RM134,800) variants, powered by the now-familiar 1.5L VTEC Turbo engine. The range-topper is the RS e:HEV hybrid, yours for RM140,800. All costs are on-the-road excluding insurance coverage, with gross sales tax.
The guarantee is a five-year limitless mileage bundle, and the hybrid’s lithium-ion battery will get a separate eight-year limitless mileage guarantee. Like the remainder of Honda Malaysia’s vary, the HR-V is locally-assembled in Pegoh, Melaka.
Malaysia might very nicely be the one market on the earth to get all three engine choices for the RV-series HR-V – NA, turbo and hybrid. As an illustration, Europe and Thailand are hybrid-only, Indonesia gets the NA and turbo, whereas Australia is NA and hybrid. Even for HM’s requirements, three choices is uncommon – we often get two.
The bottom S will get the 1.5L engine discovered within the petrol City models, a naturally-aspirated DOHC i-VTEC four-cylinder making 121 PS and 145 Nm of torque at 4,300 rpm. Honda says that the 1.5L NA delivers comparable efficiency to the earlier 1.8L mannequin attributable to it being a newly-developed engine in addition to CVT enhancements. 0-100 km/h is completed in 12.1 seconds and high pace is 187 km/h.
The E and V grades are powered by a 1.5L VTEC Turbo engine rated at 181 PS and 240 Nm of torque made between 1,700 and 4,500 rpm. That’s 1 PS lower than the Civic FE. Each NA and turbo are paired to a CVT, and the turbo provides on Sport, Regular and Econ drive modes. The E is the quickest HR-V with an 0-100 km/h time of 8.7 seconds, a tenth sooner than the V. Prime pace is 200 km/h.
The highest HR-V RS is unique with the e:HEV hybrid powertrain – you’ll be able to’t have RS with out e:HEV, vice versa. The i-MMD’s electrical motor that does the majority of the propulsion is 22 PS extra highly effective than it’s within the City RS sedan and hatchback, at 131 PS. Max torque is similar 253 Nm. The NA Atkinson-cycle petrol engine, which capabilities as a generator and may also drive the automobile instantly at greater speeds, makes 107 PS and 131 Nm. That’s 9 PS/4 Nm greater than within the Metropolis hybrid. The century dash is completed in 10.7 seconds and high pace is 170 km/h.
Other than the PS/Nm figures, the HR-V’s i-MMD system has extra cells in its IPU (clever energy unit, or battery, 60 versus 48 cells) and a decrease ratio for the e-CVT transmission, for higher acceleration. By the way in which, all present e:HEV branded Honda hybrids use the i-MMD system, which may be very totally different from the previous-generation i-DCD – the brand new one works very similar to a spread extender EV, and also you’re cruising in electric mode for much longer periods.
Powertrains apart, the brand new RV era is world’s aside from the outgoing RU in design, even when the signature hidden rear door handles have been retained. We’ve detailed each difference between old and new in a separate post, with a side-by-side gallery, so examine that one out. In brief, the brand new HR-V has a squarer form with straighter traces, wanting taller and extra rugged than its predecessor.
The hood doesn’t dive down early like earlier than, and the result’s a tall and bluff nostril. The profile is flat and clear – no “smooth dent” on the doorways like on the CR-V and Mazdas. The entrance finish says goodbye to the Strong Wing period with a daring six-point grille, and there’s a cute “Amp Up” heartbeat element under (accented in crimson on the RS). Two of the largest particulars are on the again – the sharp rake of the rear display screen defines the brand new HR-V’s form, and the full-width LED signatures (smoked on the RS) give it a premium contact.
The brand new HR-V seems a lot bigger than the previous one, however at 4,385 mm lengthy (base S with out the sportier bumpers is 4,330 mm), right now’s RV is simply 39 mm longer than the outgoing facelifted RS it replaces, whereas the 1,790 mm width and a pair of,610 mm wheelbase are unchanged. Maybe it’s the upper floor clearance – 196 mm, 26 mm greater – that offers the impact.
It’s extra spacious inside, with Honda claiming +35 mm foot and knee room for rear passengers, who additionally get a backrest angle that’s two levels extra reclined. Up entrance, the driving force’s eye level is 10 mm greater than earlier than. The brand new sprint design ditches the sporty and enveloping cockpit of old for a extra open, horizontal structure. It’s one thing just like the new Civic/CR-V dash style, however taller and fewer adorned, particularly on the “full-width vents”.
Talking of vents, the brand new HR-V will get a Honda-first air diffusion system that you simply’ll discover on the aspect vents. Mainly, in the event you don’t need chilly air blasted in your face, however nonetheless need air flow, flip the knob and air will circulate out gently from the slim inverted-L strips on the edge. Nevertheless, the diffusion solely works on the aspect vents. “A nice breeze like a convertible automobile,” Honda says. There are additionally rear AC vents.
Practicality is sort of a given with Honda, and the HR-V has the central gas tank structure and Extremely Seats made widespread by the Jazz a few years in the past. With this, the rear seats can flip as much as accommodate tall cargo, along with the same old 60:40 seat folding, which frees up sufficient house for 2 mountain bikes with their entrance wheels eliminated.
As for equipment, the large information is that the Honda Sensing lively security and driver help suite is customary throughout the HR-V vary, with the most recent wide-view digicam. Hill descent management makes its debut on the HR-V. Six airbags is from the E onwards, LaneWatch and Honda Connect telematics are from the V up, and the RS will get unique equipment reminiscent of a powered tailgate (with walk-away auto shut), auto wipers, dual-zone auto local weather management, part-leather upholstery and sports activities pedals. There’s additionally a deceleration selector pedal (engine braking) for the hybrid system.
The RS is visually set aside by a gloss black decrease physique (all-around, consists of wheelarches) and a chrome chequered grille with the RS brand. Full tools and spec breakdown under. The brand new HR-V will probably be provided in the identical 5 colors as the remainder of Honda’s locally-assembled lineup – Platinum White Pearl, Lunar Silver Metallic, Crystal Black Pearl, Meteoroid Gray Metallic the Ignite Purple Metallic hero color. The latter two are new to the mannequin. Notice that there’s no black roof – that’s a Thai particular. A full vary of Modulo equipment can be found – see them here.
Final however not least, Honda claims improved dealing with, consolation and NVH over the earlier HR-V. For this, the bottom should be good, and the physique’s lateral rigidity is 10% up, torsional rigidity is 5% higher, and the suspension attachment is 15% stiffer. Many small measures contribute to the upper rigidity, together with thicker attachments, three-way constructions at sure joints, and a “rear efficiency rod” built-in into the body, amongst different issues.
Variable gear ratio (VGR) steering is obtainable with the V and RS, and the rear suspension has been made extra comfy by rising the damper stroke and including improved fluid-filled bushes. The RS has particular tuning for the VGR and suspension for “excessive response, excessive traceability and direct really feel”.
We’ll be updating this submit with full stay galleries. For now, what do you consider the brand new Honda HR-V? Us? With over 111,000 models offered since 2015, the previous HR-V has been an unmitigated success for Honda Malaysia, and there aren’t any causes to recommend that this one – which ticks all packing containers with such a variety – received’t comply with swimsuit. Read our review of the RS here.
HM has obtained over 20,000 bookings for the brand new HR-V and the waiting period is now over 12 months! Yup, over a 12 months, and we’re not speaking about small batch CBU imports. As anticipated, most of you ordered the turbo variants – presently, 20% of whole bookings are for the RS hybrid and 5% are for the bottom NA. The remaining are for the E and V, the “conventional sporty” variants. HM’s gross sales goal is 1,600 models monthly and the projection is 10% NA and 15% hybrid.
2022 Honda HR-V 1.5 S – RM114,800
Will get as customary:
- 1.5 litre DOHC i-VTEC engine
- 1,498 cc naturally-aspirated four-cylinder petrol
- 121 PS at 6,600 rpm, 145 Nm at 4,300 rpm
- Constantly variable transmission (CVT)
- Entrance-wheel drive
- Econ and Regular drive modes
- Digital parking brake with auto brake maintain
- MacPherson strut suspension (entrance), torsion beam (rear)
- Ventilated brake discs (entrance), stable discs (rear)
- Automated LED reflector headlamps
- LED mixture taillights
- Gloss black bar grille
- Unpainted plastic physique cladding
- Gloss black decrease trim
- 17-inch six-spoke two-tone alloy wheels, 215/60 Goodyear Assurance TripleMax 2 tyres
- Single hidden tailpipe
- Energy-folding door mirrors
- Keyless entry with walk-away automated locking
- Push-button begin
- Tender-touch dashboard
- Urethane multifunction steering wheel
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel adjustment
- Analogue instrument cluster with multi-info show
- Energy home windows with driver’s aspect auto up/down
- Urethane gear knob
- Black material upholstery
- Manually-adjustable entrance seats
- 60:40 split-folding rear seats with Extremely Seat operate
- Single-zone automated local weather management with rear vents
- Eight-inch touchscreen 2-DIN head unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
- 4 audio system
- Two entrance USB ports
- 4 rear parking sensors
- Reverse digicam
- Foldable tailgate-mounted tonneau cowl
- Full-size spare wheel
- 4 airbags (entrance and aspect)
- Rear ISOFIX little one seat anchors with high tethers
- Honda Sensing driver assists
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Adaptive cruise management with cease and go
- Lane centring help
- Lane holding help
- Automated excessive beam
- ABS with EBD and brake help
- Stability management
- Agile Dealing with Help (AHA)
- Hill begin help
- Hill descent management
- Emergency cease sign
- Seat belt reminder on all seats
- Rear seat reminder
2022 Honda HR-V 1.5 Turbo E – RM129,800
- 1.5 litre DOHC VTEC Turbo engine
- 1,498 cc turbocharged four-cylinder petrol
- 181 PS at 6,600 rpm, 240 Nm from 1,700 and 4,500 rpm
- Steering wheel gearshift paddles
- Econ, Regular and Sport drive modes
- LED entrance fog lights
- Gloss black chequered grille
- Entrance and rear bodykit
- Silver entrance “heartbeat” graphic
- 17-inch six-spoke gray alloy wheels, 215/60 Goodyear Assurance TripleMax 2 tyres
- Twin seen tailpipes
- Distant engine begin
- Silver dashboard trim
- Half-digital instrument cluster with seven-inch show
- Rear centre armrest
- Two rear USB ports
- Six airbags (entrance, aspect and curtain)
2022 Honda HR-V 1.5 Turbo V – RM134,800
- Sequential LED entrance indicators
- 18-inch ten-spoke gray alloy wheels, 225/50 Continental UC6 tyres
- Tender-touch door playing cards
- Gloss black window swap surrounds
- Leather-based-wrapped steering wheel
- Leather-based-wrapped gear knob
- Black leather-based upholstery
- Eight-way power-adjustable driver’s seat
- Twin illuminated vainness mirrors
- Eight audio system
- Honda Join distant companies
- LaneWatch blind spot digicam
2022 Honda HR-V 1.5 RS e:HEV – RM140,800
- Entrance electrical drive motor
- 131 PS, 253 Nm
- 1.5 litre DOHC i-VTEC engine
- 1,498 cc naturally-aspirated Atkinson-cycle four-cylinder petrol
- 107 PS from 6,000 to six,400 rpm, 131 Nm from 4,500 to five,000 rpm
- Single-speed transmission with lock-up clutch
- Chrome chequered grille
- Gloss black physique cladding
- Purple entrance “heartbeat” graphic
- Chrome decrease trim
- Single hidden tailpipe
- Automated wipers
- Twin-zone automated local weather management
- Tyre restore equipment
- Arms-free powered tailgate
GALLERY: 2022 Honda HR-V RS e:HEV
GALLERY: 2022 Honda HR-V 1.5 Turbo V
GALLERY: 2022 Honda HR-V 1.5 Turbo E
GALLERY: 2022 Honda HR-V official images
GALLERY: Honda HR-V RS new vs previous